Monday, October 13, 2008

"Faith make life possible...not easy"

When I first began to read the story "Wait" I could relate as I too have experienced flight delays and having to wait in a terminal for prolonged periods of time. However as the story seemed to progress further the events which transpire are quite frankly unbelievable. Everything which could have gone wrong did go wrong. This series of unfortunate events made me question how the accountant and ghanian woman were able to be put to the test so many times and not give in to temptations like the other passengers did. The answer I found was that they must have had great faith and trust in their own decisions. This leads me on to my next point as I believe that this book is a metaphor for life; as life throws at people many hardships. It is up to the people to keep their faith and deal with them appropriately, of course their is never a right answer however the decision made will potentially open a new line of events. For example the cubans decision to hijack the plane leads to them taking the wrong plane and crashing it into the control tower; this of course is a very hard lesson to be learned but it indeed shows that the decisions made during life's hardship's will have circumstances...some good, some bad. I suppose my main point in this whole blog is to keep your faith in tact as sometimes you may want to question your faith however you have to remember that "faith makes life possible not easy."

2 comments:

Dante said...

Good idea about this story being a metaphor for life. Seems like it could be pretty accurate...

Ronald King said...

I really agree with this point of view. I was able to relate with this story as well.